- Biological formation of ethane and propane in the deep marine subsurface. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 103:14684-14689.
- Colonization of subsurface microbial observatories deployed in young ocean crust. The ISME Journal. 5:692-703.
- Fluid flow and fluid-rock interaction within the oceanic crust: Reconciling geological, geochemical, and geophysical observations. Geophysical Monograph Series. 144:99-117.
- Geomicrobiology in oceanography: microbe-mineral interactions at and below the seafloor. Trends in Microbiology. 13:449-456.
- Iron Transformation Pathways and Redox Micro-Environments in Seafloor Sulfide-Mineral Deposits: Spatially Resolved Fe XAS and δ57/54Fe Observations. Frontiers in Microbiology. 7.
- Microbial lipids reveal carbon assimilation patterns on hydrothermal sulfide chimneys. Environmental Microbiology. 16:3515-3532.
- Temperature trends for reaction rates, hydrogen generation, and partitioning of iron during experimental serpentinization of olivine. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta. 181:175-200.