- A serpentinite-hosted ecosystem: The lost city hydrothermal field. Science. 307:1428-1434.
- Acetoclastic Methanosaeta are dominant methanogens in organic-rich Antarctic marine sediments. The ISME Journal.
- Dynamics of the Neoproterozoic carbon cycle. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 100:8124-8129.
- Extending the known range of glycerol ether lipids in the environment: structural assignments based on tandem mass spectral fragmentation patterns. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry. 26:2295-2302.
- Oxidation of the Ediacaran Ocean. Nature. 444:744-747.
- Stable isotope labeling confirms mixotrophic nature of streamer biofilm communities at alkaline hot springs. Frontiers in Microbiology. 6:42.
- Sulfur isotopes of organic matter preserved in 3.45-billion-year-old stromatolites reveal microbial metabolism. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 109:15146-15151.