- Earth as Organic Chemist. Deep Carbon: Past to Present. 415-446.
- Deamination reaction mechanisms of protonated amines under hydrothermal conditions. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta. 244:113-128.
- Ecological differentiation in planktonic and sediment-associated chemotrophic microbial populations in Yellowstone hot springs. FEMS Microbiology Ecology. 92:fiw137.
- Mineral-assisted production of benzene under hydrothermal conditions: Insights from experimental studies on C 6 cyclic hydrocarbons. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research. 346:21-27.
- Subsurface processes influence oxidant availability and chemoautotrophic hydrogen metabolism in Yellowstone hot springs. Geobiology. 16:674-692.
- Thermodynamics of Organic Transformations in Hydrothermal Fluids. Reviews in Mineralogy and Geochemistry. 76:311-350.