- A Reduced Organic Carbon Component in Martian Basalts. Science. 337:212-215.
- High-pressure tolerance in Halobacterium salinarum NRC-1 and other non-piezophilic prokaryotes. Extremophiles. 16:355-361.
- Indigenous amino acids in primitive CR meteorites. Meteoritics & Planetary Science. 42:2125-2136.
- Microbial activity at gigapascal pressures. Science. 295:1514-1516.
- Origin and Evolution of Prebiotic Organic Matter As Inferred from the Tagish Lake Meteorite. Science. 332:1304-1307.
- Preserved macroscopic polymeric sheets of shell-binding protein in the Middle Miocene (8 to 18 Ma) gastropod Ecphora. Geochemical Perspectives Letters. 1:1-9.
- Solubility and solution mechanisms of C-O-H volatiles in silicate melt with variable redox conditions and melt composition at upper mantle temperatures and pressures. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta. 75:6183-6199.
- The origin of NO3- and N-2 in deep subsurface fracture water of South Africa. Chemical Geology. 294-295:51-62.