- Complex coupled metabolic and prokaryotic community responses to increasing temperatures in anaerobic marine sediments: critical temperatures and substrate changes. FEMS Microbiology Ecology. 91:fiv084.
- Deep bacterial biosphere in Pacific Ocean sediments. Nature. 371:410-413.
- Distributions of microbial activities in deep subseafloor sediments. Science. 306:2216-2221.
- Exchange catalysis during anaerobic methanotrophy revealed by 12CH2D2 and 13CH3D in methane. Geochemical Perspectives Letters. 26-30.
- Exchange catalysis during anaerobic methanotrophy revealed by12CH2D2&13CH3D in methane. Geochemical Perspectives Letters.
- Extending the sub-sea-floor biosphere. Science. 320:1046-1046.
- Recent studies on bacterial populations and processes in subseafloor sediments: A review. Hydrogeology Journal. 8:11-28.