- Deep Carbon through Deep Time. Deep Carbon: Past to Present. 620-652.
- Ediacaran biozones identified with network analysis provide evidence for pulsed extinctions of early complex life. Nature Communications. 10. 2019
- Biomineralization and evolutionary history. Biomineralization. 54:329-356.
- Geochemical and mineralogical evidence that Rodinian assembly was unique. Nature Communications. 8.
- Needs and opportunities in mineral evolution research. American Mineralogist. 96:953-963.
- Stromatolites in Precambrian carbonates: Evolutionary mileposts or environmental dipsticks?. Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences. 27:313-358.
- Tracing Earth’s O2 evolution using Zn/Fe ratios in marine carbonates. Geochemical Perspectives Letters. 2:24-34.