- Characterization of Metabolically Active Bacterial Populations in Subseafloor Nankai Trough Sediments above, within, and below the Sulfate–Methane Transition Zone. Frontiers in Microbiology. 3.
- Identification and Removal of Contaminant Sequences From Ribosomal Gene Databases: Lessons From the Census of Deep Life. Frontiers in Microbiology. 9:840.
- Major phylum-level differences between porefluid and host rock bacterial communities in the terrestrial deep subsurface. Environmental Microbiology Reports. 9:501-511.
- Microbial Organic Matter Degradation Potential in Baltic Sea Sediments Is Influenced by Depositional Conditions and In Situ Geochemistry. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 85.
- Microbial activity in the marine deep biosphere: progress and prospects. Frontiers in Microbiology. 4.
- Sediment Microbial Communities Influenced by Cool Hydrothermal Fluid Migration. Frontiers in Microbiology. 9:1249.
- Thriving or surviving? Evaluating active microbial guilds in Baltic Sea sediment. Environmental Microbiology Reports. 9:528-536.