- Evidence for Microbial Carbon and Sulfur Cycling in Deeply Buried Ridge Flank Basalt. Science. 339:1305-1308. 2013
- Assessing production of the ubiquitous archaeal diglycosyl tetraether lipids in marine subsurface sediment using intramolecular stable isotope probing. Environmental Microbiology. 15:1634-1646.
- Assessing the carbon assimilation and production of benthic archaeal lipid biomarkers using lipid-RIP. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta. 265:431-442.
- Autotrophy as a predominant mode of carbon fixation in anaerobic methane-oxidizing microbial communities. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 109:19321-19326.
- Carbon isotope equilibration during sulphate-limited anaerobic oxidation of methane. Nature Geoscience. 7:190-194.
- Distribution and isotopic composition of trimethylamine, dimethylsulfide and dimethylsulfoniopropionate in marine sediments. Marine Chemistry. 196:35-46.
- Exploring deep microbial life in coal-bearing sediment down to ~2.5 km below the ocean floor. Science. 349:420-424.
- Gas chromatographic analysis of methanol and ethanol in marine sediment pore waters: Validation and implementation of three pretreatment techniques. Marine Chemistry. 160:82-90.
- Heterotrophic Archaea dominate sedimentary subsurface ecosystems off Peru. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 103:3846-3851.
- Identification and significance of unsaturated archaeal tetraether lipids in marine sediments. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry. 28:1144-1152.
- Marine Transform Faults and Fracture Zones: A Joint Perspective Integrating Seismicity, Fluid Flow and Life. Frontiers in Earth Science. 7.
- Molecular characterization of dissolved organic matter in pore water of continental shelf sediments. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta. 73:3337-3358.
- Possible roles of uncultured archaea in carbon cycling in methane-seep sediments. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta.
- Relative importance of methylotrophic methanogenesis in sediments of the Western Mediterranean Sea. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta. 224:171-186.
- Unraveling signatures of biogeochemical processes and the depositional setting in the molecular composition of pore water DOM across different marine environments. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta. 207:57-80.