- Presence of oxygen and aerobic communities from seafloor to basement in deep-sea sediment. Nature Geoscience. 8:299-304. 2015
- Archaea dominate oxic subseafloor communities over multimillion-year time scales. Science Advances. 5:eaaw4108.
- Contamination tracer testing with seabed drills: IODP Expedition 357. Scientific Drilling. 23:39-46.
- Global distribution of microbial abundance and biomass in subseafloor sediment. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 109:16213-16216.
- Molecular analysis of deep subsurface microbial communities in Nankai Trough sediments (ODP Leg 190, Site 1176). FEMS Microbiology Ecology. 45:115-125.
- Subseafloor sedimentary life in the South Pacific Gyre. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 106:11651-11656.