- A rapid burst in hotspot motion through the interaction of tectonics and deep mantle flow. Nature. 533:239-242.
- Future intraplate stress and the longevity of carbon storage. Fuel. 200:31-36.
- Large fluctuations of shallow seas in low-lying Southeast Asia driven by mantle flow. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems. 17:3589-3607.
- Oceanic crustal carbon cycle drives 26-million-year atmospheric carbon dioxide periodicities. Science Advances. 4:eaaq0500.
- Potential links between continental rifting, CO2 degassing and climate change through time. Nature Geoscience. 10:941-946.
- Provenance of plumes in global convection models. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems. 16:1465-1489.
- Sequestration and subduction of deep-sea carbonate in the global ocean since the Early Cretaceous. Geology. 47:91-94.
- Subduction controls the distribution and fragmentation of Earth’s tectonic plates. Nature. 535:140-143.
- Tectonic evolution and deep mantle structure of the eastern Tethys since the latest Jurassic. Earth-Science Reviews. 162:293-337.
- The Interplay Between the Eruption and Weathering of Large Igneous Provinces and the Deep-Time Carbon Cycle. Geophysical Research Letters. 45:5380-5389.
- The influence of carbonate platform interactions with subduction zone volcanism on palaeo-atmospheric CO2 since the Devonian. Climate of the Past. 14:857-870.