- Biogeography, Ecology, and Evolution of Deep Life. Deep Carbon: Past to Present. 524-555.
- Activity and phylogenetic diversity of sulfate-reducing microorganisms in low-temperature subsurface fluids within the upper oceanic crust. Frontiers in Microbiology. 5.
- Carboxydotrophy potential of uncultivated Hydrothermarchaeota from the subseafloor crustal biosphere. The ISME Journal.
- Energy and carbon metabolisms in a deep terrestrial subsurface fluid microbial community. The ISME Journal. 11:2319-2333.
- Genomic comparisons of a bacterial lineage that inhabits both marine and terrestrial deep subsurface systems. PeerJ. 5:e3134.
- Metagenome sequencing and 98 microbial genomes from Juan de Fuca Ridge flank subsurface fluids. Scientific Data. 4:170037.
- Nanocalorimetric Characterization of Microbial Activity in Deep Subsurface Oceanic Crustal Fluids. Frontiers in Microbiology. 7.
- Novel microbial assemblages inhabiting crustal fluids within mid-ocean ridge flank subsurface basalt. The ISME Journal. 10:2033-2047.