- An improved cell separation technique for marine subsurface sediments: applications for high-throughput analysis using flow cytometry and cell sorting. Environmental Microbiology. 15:2841-2849.
- Assessment of Capacity to Capture DNA Aerosols by Clean Filters for Molecular Biology Experiments. Microbes and Environments. 33:222-226.
- Carbon and nitrogen assimilation in deep subseafloor microbial cells. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 108:18295-18300.
- Comparative Study of Subseafloor Microbial Community Structures in Deeply Buried Coral Fossils and Sediment Matrices from the Challenger Mound in the Porcupine Seabight. Frontiers in Microbiology. 2.
- Correction for Morono et al., Hot-Alkaline DNA Extraction Method for Deep-Subseafloor Archaeal Communities. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 80:4785-4785.
- Deep-biosphere methane production stimulated by geofluids in the Nankai accretionary complex. Science Advances. 4:eaao4631.
- Discriminative detection and enumeration of microbial life in marine subsurface sediments. The ISME Journal. 3:503-511.
- Distribution of dehalogenation activity in subseafloor sediments of the Nankai Trough subduction zone. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences. 368:20120249-20120249.
- Exploring deep microbial life in coal-bearing sediment down to ~2.5 km below the ocean floor. Science. 349:420-424.
- Gold-ISH: A nano-size gold particle-based phylogenetic identification compatible with NanoSIMS. Systematic and Applied Microbiology. 37:261-266.
- Hot-Alkaline DNA Extraction Method for Deep-Subseafloor Archaeal Communities. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 80:1985-1994.
- Intact preservation of environmental samples by freezing under an alternating magnetic field. Environmental Microbiology Reports. 7:243-251.
- Metabolically active microbial communities in marine sediment under high-CO2 and low-pH extremes. The ISME Journal. 7:555-567.
- Microbial Metabolism and Community Dynamics in Hydraulic Fracturing Fluids Recovered From Deep Hydrocarbon-Rich Shale. Frontiers in Microbiology. 10:376.