- Statistical analysis of mineral diversity and distribution: Earth's mineralogy is unique. Earth and Planetary Science Letters. 426:154-157. 2015
- The heat capacities of osumilite from 298.15 to 1000K, the thermodynamic properties of two natural chlorites to 500 K, and the thermodynamic properties of petalite to 1800 K. American Mineralogist. 69:701-710. 1984
- Boron isotopes in tourmaline from the ca. 3.7–3.8Ga Isua supracrustal belt, Greenland: Sources for boron in Eoarchean continental crust and seawater. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta. 163:156-177.
- Cobalt mineral ecology. American Mineralogist. 102:108-116.
- Earth’s “missing” minerals. American Mineralogist. 100:2344-2347.
- How many boron minerals occur in Earth’s upper crust?. American Mineralogist. 102:1573-1587.
- Mineral ecology: Chance and necessity in the mineral diversity of terrestrial planets. Canadian Mineralogist. 53:295-324.
- On the mineralogy of the “Anthropocene Epoch”. American Mineralogist. 102:595-611.