- Presence of oxygen and aerobic communities from seafloor to basement in deep-sea sediment. Nature Geoscience. 8:299-304. 2015
- Archaea dominate oxic subseafloor communities over multimillion-year time scales. Science Advances. 5:eaaw4108.
- Hydrogen Utilization Potential in Subsurface Sediments. Frontiers in Microbiology. 7:8.
- Persistent organic matter in oxic subseafloor sediment. Nature Geoscience. 12:126-131.
- Radiolytic Hydrogen Production in the Subseafloor Basaltic Aquifer. Frontiers in Microbiology. 7.
- Relationship of bacterial richness to organic degradation rate and sediment age in subseafloor sediment. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 82:4994-4999.