- Acetogenesis in Deep Subseafloor Sediments of The Juan de Fuca Ridge Flank: A Synthesis of Geochemical, Thermodynamic, and Gene-based Evidence. Geomicrobiology Journal. 27:183-211.
- Dissolved Organic Matter Compositions in 0.6–3.4 km Deep Fracture Waters, Kaapvaal Craton, South Africa. Organic Geochemistry. 118:116-131.
- Distribution and isotopic composition of trimethylamine, dimethylsulfide and dimethylsulfoniopropionate in marine sediments. Marine Chemistry. 196:35-46.
- Exploring deep microbial life in coal-bearing sediment down to ~2.5 km below the ocean floor. Science. 349:420-424.
- Gas chromatographic analysis of methanol and ethanol in marine sediment pore waters: Validation and implementation of three pretreatment techniques. Marine Chemistry. 160:82-90.
- Possible roles of uncultured archaea in carbon cycling in methane-seep sediments. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta.
- Relative importance of methylotrophic methanogenesis in sediments of the Western Mediterranean Sea. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta. 224:171-186.
- Towards constraining H2 concentration in subseafloor sediment: A proposal for combined analysis by two distinct approaches. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta. 77:186-201.
- Unraveling signatures of biogeochemical processes and the depositional setting in the molecular composition of pore water DOM across different marine environments. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta. 207:57-80.