- Presence of oxygen and aerobic communities from seafloor to basement in deep-sea sediment. Nature Geoscience. 8:299-304. 2015
- An improved sample preparation method for imaging microstructures of fine-grained marine sediment using microfocus X-ray computed tomography and scanning electron microscopy. Limnology and Oceanography: Methods. 12:469-483.
- Biological CO2 conversion to acetate in subsurface coal-sand formation using a high-pressure reactor system. Frontiers in Microbiology. 4.
- Microbial dormancy in the marine subsurface: Global endospore abundance and response to burial. Science Advances. 5:eaav1024.
- Significant contribution of subseafloor microparticles to the global manganese budget. Nature Communications. 10.