- The Deep Viriosphere: Assessing the Viral Impact on Microbial Community Dynamics in the Deep Subsurface. Reviews in Mineralogy and Geochemistry. 75:649-675. 2013
- Biogeography and ecology of the rare and abundant microbial lineages in deep-sea hydrothermal vents. FEMS Microbiology Ecology. 9:1-11.
- Genome‐resolved metagenomics and metatranscriptomics reveal niche differentiation in functionally redundant microbial communities at deep‐sea hydrothermal vents. Environmental Microbiology.
- Genomic variation in microbial populations inhabiting the marine subseafloor at deep-sea hydrothermal vents. Nature Communications. 8:1114.
- Heterotrophic Archaea dominate sedimentary subsurface ecosystems off Peru. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 103:3846-3851.
- Is the Genetic Landscape of the Deep Subsurface Biosphere Affected by Viruses?. Frontiers in Microbiology. 2.