- Presence of oxygen and aerobic communities from seafloor to basement in deep-sea sediment. Nature Geoscience. 8:299-304. 2015
- Comparative Study of Subseafloor Microbial Community Structures in Deeply Buried Coral Fossils and Sediment Matrices from the Challenger Mound in the Porcupine Seabight. Frontiers in Microbiology. 2.
- Cyclic 100-ka (glacial-interglacial) migration of subseafloor redox zonation on the Peruvian shelf. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 110:18098-18103.
- Linking microbial heterotrophic activity and sediment lithology in oxic, oligotrophic sub-seafloor sediments of the North Atlantic Ocean. Frontiers in Microbiology. 2.
- Subseafloor sedimentary life in the South Pacific Gyre. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 106:11651-11656.
- Substrate-specific pressure-dependence of microbial sulfate reduction in deep-sea cold seep sediments of the Japan Trench. Frontiers in Microbiology. 3.
- Turnover of microbial lipids in the deep biosphere and growth of benthic archaeal populations. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 110:6010-6014.