- Abiotic and biotic controls on methane formation down to 2.5km depth within the Precambrian Fennoscandian Shield. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta. 202:124-145.
- Characterisation and isotopic evolution of saline waters of the Outokumpu Deep Drill Hole, Finland – Implications for water origin and deep terrestrial biosphere. Applied Geochemistry. 32:37-51.
- Characterization of bacterial diversity to a depth of 1500 m in the Outokumpu deep borehole, Fennoscandian Shield. FEMS Microbiology Ecology.
- Heterotrophic Communities Supplied by Ancient Organic Carbon Predominate in Deep Fennoscandian Bedrock Fluids. Microbial Ecology. 69:319-332.
- Microbial co-occurrence patterns in deep Precambrian bedrock fracture fluids. Biogeosciences. 13:3091-3108.
- Noble gas residence times of saline waters within crystalline bedrock, Outokumpu Deep Drill Hole, Finland. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta. 145:159-174.
- Rapid Reactivation of Deep Subsurface Microbes in the Presence of C-1 Compounds. Microorganisms. 3:17-33.
- Response of Deep Subsurface Microbial Community to Different Carbon Sources and Electron Acceptors during ∼2 months Incubation in Microcosms. Frontiers in Microbiology. 8:232.
- Taxonomically and functionally diverse microbial communities in deep crystalline rocks of the Fennoscandian shield. The ISME Journal.