- Assessing the Importance of Organic Matrix Materials in Biofilm Chemical Reactivity: Insights from Proton and Cadmium Adsorption onto the Commercially Available Biopolymer Alginate. Geomicrobiology Journal. 28:266-273.
- Can Mn–S redox cycling drive sedimentary dolomite formation? A hypothesis. Chemical Geology. 404:27-40.
- Dynamic controls on accretion and lithification of modern gypsum-dominated thrombolites, Los Roques, Venezuela. Sedimentary Geology. 245-246:29-47.
- Could bacteria have formed the Precambrian banded iron formations?. Geology. 30:1079-1082.
- Decoupling photochemical Fe(II) oxidation from shallow-water BIF deposition. Earth and Planetary Science Letters. 258:87-100.
- Deposition of banded iron formations by anoxygenic phototrophic Fe(II)-oxidizing bacteria. Geology. 33:865-868.
- Mineral ecophysiological data provide growing evidence for microbial activity in banded-iron formations. Geology. 39:707-710.
- Quartz nanocrystals in the 2.48 Ga Dales Gorge banded iron formation of Hamersley, Western Australia: Evidence for a change from submarine to subaerial volcanism at the end of the Archean. American Mineralogist. 98:582-587.